Milo & Alfie and Jan & Peter support the Lance Armstrong Foundation LiveStrong in helping to raise awareness about this terrible disease, cancer.
- About 12 million people worldwide are diagnosed with cancer each year. That figure is expected to reach 27 million by 2030
- The cost of new cancer cases in humans is already estimated to be about £185bn ($286bn) a year
- According to the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), Cancer accounts for almost half of the deaths of pets over 10 years of age, and early diagnosis is a key to successful treatment.
- Cancer also occurs in wild animals. Some well documented examples of cancer in wild animals include facial tumors in Tasmanian devils, fibropapillomatosis in sea turtles, and genital carcinoma in sea lions.
- Remember: Treatment Plans and Cures that are found for cancer in humans, benefit animals in the long term too as the knowledge cascades ~ and that is VERY impawtant to us.
The Lance Armstrong Foundation unites, inspires and empowers people affected by cancer.
Find them here: http://www.livestrong.org/
This post is dedicated to all the beloved family and dear friends (both fur and human) that we have lost over the years to this terrible disease ~ and to those still valiantly fighting cancer. We love you all.
We PURR they find a cure one day ...
Love Milo and Alfie xx